Is anyone else feeling a bit heavy after all those holiday treats and sweets? This Green Detox Smoothie will help detoxify your gut. Scared of drinking green? This recipe is full of bright and tasty fruit, which hides the fact you’re eating kale! The ginger helps decrease inflammation in your stomach and the chia seeds will increase your energy and provide you with essential nutrients. This smoothie will help you get on track for the New Year!
Ingredients: *Serves 2 (about 24 oz.)
- 1 cup sliced fresh pineapple
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup apple, cubed (approximately 1 small apple)
- 1 cup packed kale or spinach
- 2 Tbsps. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. lime
- Freshly grated ginger, to taste (optional but highly recommended)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla or original almond milk
Note: Ginger is very strong, so start with just a tiny bit and add to taste.
Note: This recipe can be easily changed up depending on what you have in your fridge/freezer. Don’t be afraid to experiment!
- Add everything in a powerful blender and blend on high until mixed completely. Add additional liquid if needed.
- Serve immediately for best results.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.