Schae Richards, community editor
1. Get lost in a corn maze.Corn mazes make the perfect venues for couples and families. Stop by Corn Maze on the Farm at American West Heritage Center or Little Bear Bottoms Corn Maze in Wellsville. Both places also do hayrides during the fall.
2. Have fun at a festival. Spend the evening at family friendly festival like the Fall Festival at American West Heritage Center, North Logan Pumpkin Walk at Elk Ridge Park or the Logan Film Festival in Downtown Logan. Many local libraries and elementary schools host a fall carnival or activity, too.
3. Pick the perfect pumpkin. Take your family to a pumpkin patch to find your favorite pumpkin to carve or decorate, and pick out a few extras to make some delicious homemade treats. Visit Naomi Farms in Hyde Park and Little Bear Bottoms in Wellsville.
4. Go to Halloween events. Cache Valley has a plethora of Halloween events. Go through the Haunted Hollow at American West Heritage Center, take a Downtown Ghost Tour at the Cache County Historic Courthouse, go down the Haunted Slopes at Cherry Peak Ski Resort and visit the 10th West Scare House in Logan.
5. Join a fun run or 5K. Get the family active and do a fun run or 5K in Cache Valley. There’s the Scarecrow Fun Run in Nibley, the First Dam Scary Run in Logan Canyon or the Zombie Walk at Cherry Peak Ski Resort.
6. Enjoy a concert or other performance. Watch live performances like “Thriller” presented by Odyssey Dance Theatre, or attend a dinner theatre production.
7. Have a bon fire. Enjoy the last little bit of warm weather and have a bon fire. Take a trip up Green Canyon, or find a spot at First or Second Dam. Roast marshmallows, drink hot cocoa and wrap up in a warm blanket.
8. Take family photos. Cache Valley in the fall makes for beautiful family photos. Take a drive through town and both canyons to find the perfect spot to take photos. Some popular photography locations include Tony Grove, First Dam, Second Dam and Mt. Sterling.
9. Take a nature walk or hike. Spend a cool-crisp morning outdoors hiking with family. A few popular trails include the Wind Caves Trail, Limber Pine Trail or the Logan River Trail. Pack lunches and take a camera to document your family adventures.
10. Go to USU sporting events. Cheer on your Aggies! Go to a football game at Maverik Stadium or basketball game at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum. Visit utahstateaggies.com to get full schedules.
11. Support high school football. Football season has arrived! Even if you don’t have a child playing, you can still go out and support the local high school football teams. Visit ccsdut.org and loganschools.org to get the schedules for this season.
For more details on each of these events, please visit cachevalleyfamilymagazine.com/events.