Your morning muffin doesn’t have to be packed full of chocolate chips and sugar. “Healthify” your morning with these Frittata Muffins! Eggs, zucchini, mushrooms and peppers loaded into a muffin tin…the perfect grab and go breakfast!
Ingredients: *Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 pound bacon or turkey bacon
- 4 mushrooms
- 1/3 small zucchini
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Hot sauce, desired amount
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Cut the bacon into bite-sized pieces. In a medium-sized skillet, fry the bacon. Remove from skillet (leaving the grease in the pan!) and pat bacon dry with paper towels.
- Sauté the mushrooms, zucchini and red pepper in bacon grease.
- Chop the green onions.
- Put all ingredients in a large bowl, stir to blend and divide into greased muffin tin cups, filling almost full.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out fairly clean.
- Top with more hot sauce, if desired.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.