We’re starting to see fresh corn pop up in the grocery store! Take advantage of it with this fresh corn-off-the-cob salad! Crunchy jicama, bacon bits, mint, and garden tomatoes come together with fresh corn in a simple but delicious salad.
- 1/2 lbs. bacon
- 4 ears fresh corn, uncooked
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1-2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped jicama
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1-2 limes (start with one and add until satisfied with taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Feta cheese for topping
- Handful of fresh basil
- Cut bacon into small, bite-sized pieces. Place in a skillet and cook until crispy. Remove from pan and dab away excess grease with a paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut corn off the cob and place in bowl.
- Add cherry tomatoes, shallots, and chopped jicama.
- Toss with olive oil, lime juice, and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with bacon bits, feta cheese, and fresh basil.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.