Puff pastry, a little butter and cheese are all you need to make these amazing, flaky, light breadsticks!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (1/2 package)
- 3 Tbsp. salted or unsalted butter
- 1 cup grated pecorino or parmesan cheese
- Poppy seeds for topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Unfold pastry, lay on parchment and roll out to approx. 12×16″ rectangle.
- Cut into 1/2-1″ pieces using a pizza cutter.
- Twist each piece and lay close together on parchment-covered cookie sheet.
- Melt butter and drizzle over pieces. Sprinkle grated cheese over each piece.
- Add poppy seeds if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- To thaw pastry: Simply lay on counter for 45 minutes. Unfold to thaw quicker.
- These store well at room temperature for a day. Make them ahead of time and seal in ziplock bag until ready to use.
- These need to be very golden brown to remain crisp. If you take them out of the oven too soon, they will be limp. Keep them in the oven a few minutes longer, if needed.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.