An easy-to-make crust topped with all the traditional toppings: barbecue sauce, roasted chicken, mushrooms, cheeses, and fresh cilantro. It’s a classic!
- 1 Tbsp. dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2 – 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- Cornmeal for sprinkling
- 1/2-3/4 cup favorite bbq sauce
- 1 cup cubed roasted deli chicken
- 4 cremini mushrooms
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 cup Italian blend grated cheese, grated gouda or sharp cheddar (or a mixture!)
- 1/4 cup bleu cheese
- Combine the yeast, honey and warm water in a standing mixing bowl. Let sit for about five minutes until the yeast begins to bubble.
- Add the oil, 2 1/2 cups flour and salt. Blend on low using a dough hook.
- Increase the speed and knead for five to seven minutes. Add more flour as needed if the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl. (It should stick to bottom of bowl but pull away from sides.)
- Cover the bowl and let rise for 30-40 minutes (until about doubled in size).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. If you’re using a pizza stone, place it in the oven to heat.
- Sprinkle cornmeal on pizza stone or pan. Roll out dough into a large circle.
- Spread bbq sauce over dough. Sprinkle with chicken.
- Slice mushrooms and shallot and add to pizza. Top with cheeses.
- Bake approx. 20 minutes at 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving.
- You can always use a store-bought dough if you’re crunched for time!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.