Looking for a new Saturday morning breakfast? Try these Chocolate Chip Banana Walnut Waffles! They’re bursting with chocolate chunks and have an added crunch from the walnuts.
- 1 cup white flour (can sub whole wheat flour if desired)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup mashed *overripe bananas (3-4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed walnuts
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon. Mix and then add eggs, buttermilk, vanilla and melted coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, gently mash bananas with a fork or potato masher. Fold bananas into batter along with chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Spray the waffle iron and pour about 3/4 cup batter onto middle of iron. Close the iron and cook until firm. Remove and repeat with rest of batter until gone.
- Top with pure maple syrup and enjoy warm!
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.