Once you’ve tried this version of mashed potatoes, you’ll never go back! Irresistibly creamy potatoes with swirls of melted blue cheese and chunks of savory bacon . . . the new favorite dish at your Thanksgiving table!
Ingredients: *Serves 6-8
- 8-10 red potatoes
- 1 lbs. bacon
- 6 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2-3/4 cups half and half (adjust to taste and texture)
- 6 oz. blue cheese (more or less to taste)
- Chives for garnish, optional
- Rinse the potatoes and chop into quarters.
- Fill a large pot half way with water and heat until boiling. Once boiling, add the chopped potatoes and cook until fork tender. Drain the water.
- While potatoes are cooking, cut the bacon into small pieces and cook in a skillet pan. Drain the grease and set aside.
- In the large pot, melt the butter and then add the potatoes. Gently mash with a potato masher. (Don’t over mash or they will become gummy).
- Add in the salt, plain Greek yogurt, half and half, crumbled blue cheese and 3/4 of the bacon. Mix gently until incorporated. Top with the remaining bacon and sprinkle with chives if desired.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our food blogger, Sarah Romero.