Valentine’s Day is coming up! Here’s a fun and easy dessert to make for Valentine’s dinner. Balsamic Strawberries over Vanilla Ice Cream, complete with ground pepper and lemon zest. Sounds like an odd combo, but give it a try and you’ll see it’s actually delicious! Pair it with some rich chocolate cake or lemon sugar cookies and you’ve got a decadent dessert to enjoy with your loved ones.
Ingredients: *Serves 4-6
- 4 cups fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- Few grinds of coarse black pepper
- Zest from one lemon
- Vanilla bean ice cream
- Wash and hull strawberries. Slice into bite-size pieces and place in mixing bowl.
- Combine vinegar, honey and pepper in small bowl, and stir until combined.
- Spoon 3/4 of vinegar mixture over strawberries and mix until combined. Let sit at room temperature for 1/2 hour or more.
- To serve, place ice cream in bowls. Toss strawberries again to cover with sauce. Spoon over ice cream. Drizzle with remaining vinegar.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
*Note: The strawberries need to rest in vinegar mixture for about 1/2 hour before serving.
For more recipes like this, visit Kiwi & Carrot, produced by our recipe blogger, Sarah Romero.