Ribbons of cinnamon and spice run through this moist Bundt cake, loaded with apple and drizzled with a maple-cinnamon glaze.
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 medium apples (your favorite variety)
- 1/3 cup crushed pecans or walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. cloves
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. (or more) milk, to reach desired drizzling consistency
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Cream butter and sugar together in mixer.
- Add eggs, vanilla and yogurt and blend.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Peel, core and chop apples and fold into mixture, and add nuts if using. Pour half of mixture into pan.
- Combine filling ingredients together and spoon over batter in pan. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 30-35 minutes, until knife comes out barely clean.
- Let cool for five minutes, then invert onto rack.
- Melt butter. Add all ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over cooled cake.